Monday, September 26, 2016

Fall Vibes : :

I love to match my quilt-making with the seasons! Pastel quilts in the Spring inspired by the lengthening sunsets, the rebirth of each bloom, and the freshness of the leaves. Colorful, happy quilts in the Summer to remind me of the golden sunshine and the beautiful flowers that the garden gives that time of year. And now, as Autumn is setting in once again, I have to confess that it's my most favorite! All year long I look forward to the family of pumpkins and containers of mums that will take over our front porch. The warm yellow, orange-red palette is calling me to make a quilt, and so...

Fall Inspired Quilt Bundle

Fall Quilt Cutting

Always Exciting!

Lots of 3" patches

Chain Piecing

Assembly Line

9" Plus Blocks

Eight-one Plus Blocks

Eighty-one Plus quilt blocks later, after a weekend spent cutting and chain-piecing here and there, I am already in the final stages of making my first quilt top for this new season that is just beginning! This one really came together so much faster and easier than I thought it would. A simple quilt with lots and lots of color!

I'll be back soon with a finished quilt top to share!

XX Maureen

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics! Can't wait to see your finished quilt top. Any pattern hints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see my mock-up right here! https://www.flickr.com/photos/maureencracknellhandmade/29862514881/in/dateposted/

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Off to a beautiful start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I can hardly wait...love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait!!! Fall is my ABSOLUTE FAVE season of them all! LOVE the colors you pulled to accent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing what this quilt will look like all put together! Since becoming a quilter, the seasons have opened my eyes to so much more of the beauty the behold. Even though all of the gorgeous colors of fall are enticing, somehow Christmas has grabbed hold of creative side and I am in the process of making blocks for a couple of Christmas quilts for gifts and Project Linus. Thank you for sharing and I will be watching for the post of the finished Fall quilt. Have a fantastic creative day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted to make a very Christmas-y Christmas quilt since I started quilting and have yet to do so! Hopefully this is the year!!

      Delete
  6. I know how you feel. I've been dabbling with little runners and things like that an am ready to tackle a fall quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make it all look so fast and easy! I went to your mock-up. It's gonna look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Truly, I am amazed at what informative things you've told us today. Thanks a million for that. Bokep Pelajar Jepang Melayani Om

    ReplyDelete
  9. poto mesum This is a very good post. Just wonderful. Nice one semi barat

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is wonderful spending some time this morning catching up with you :) one beautiful post after another, so full of fun inspiration! The Fall Vibes is waaaay over the top wonderful! xo from Montana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. نعمل دائما في ركن نجد على تقديم خدمات تنظيف بالمنطقة الشرقية بطرق احترافية حيث نعمل علي تقديم خدمات احترافية في تنظيف الفلل ( الجديدة – المستخدمة – المفروشة ) خدمات تنظيف فلل من شركة تنظيف بالرياض هي إحدي الخدمات المقدمة من ركن نجد ويشمل ذلك نظافة فلل الجديدة والفلل مستعملة مع نظافة كامل الأثاث الموجود
    كما تتطلب اعمال تنظيف الفلل المفروشة القيام باعمال تنظيف اطقم الكنب والمجالس والستائر بالبخار الحار بافضل ماكينات التنظيف بالبخار – كما نقوم بتنظيف خزانات المياه الارضي والعلوي مع استخدام افضل معقمات شركة ديتول

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!