Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Nightfall Parade | | A Soaring High Quilt Pattern in Nightfall

Soaring High in Nightfall

For yesterday's Nightfall Parade project I had every intention of blogging the Easy Tote bags I recently made using my Nightfall canvas, Mystical Woods in Solar. Lately the mornings have been dark, and as I waited to take photos of my finished bags I moved onto my next plan -- a Soaring High quilt in Nightfall! Once I began work on this fun project, I didn't want to stop, and as a result I'm so excited to have a new quilt pattern to share with you all today!

The Nightfall Parade

Soaring High in Nightfall

I designed this quilt a few years back to showcase a Skinny LaMinx collection for Cloud9 and have been dying to remake it using one of my own collections now that I'm designing for Art Gallery Fabrics. Nightfall happens to be the perfect match to this modern take on the traditional flying geese block! This pattern is made simple and addictive with my "make four at a time" flying geese method and chain piecing, you're going to love making this quilt!

Let's get started!

Saoring High Quilt Materials

This quilt is made up of thirty flying geese blocks using some of my favorite Nightfall prints. My son Kaiden picked this particular combo and love how gender neutral it is!

Soaring High Colors

Cutting Instructions

Follow these easy cutting and assembly instructions to piece together your very own Soaring High quilt. I made this quilt top from start to finish in just a little more than a day! It's truly one of the quickest, most enjoyable quilt patterns that I've designed!

Soaring High in Nightfall Quilt Pattern

After stitching up those last few final seams that were waiting for me this morning, my husband and I took my newly finished Soaring High quilt top to a nearby pond for some quick photos. The morning mist suspended above the water was stunning, I was lucky to capture such pretty photos to share so soon!

Soaring High in Nightfall

Morning Mist & Nightfall

You can see that I arranged my quilt blocks alternating rows of geese pointing up and geese pointing to the left. When you make your own I encourage you to have fun playing around with other layout options. There really are so many possibilities for this particular block pattern!

Flying Geese in Nightfall

I hope you love this project as much as I do! If you do give it a go at anytime, be sure to share on my Facebook page or on Instagram with the hashtag #NightfallFabrics & #NightfallParade -- I love seeing what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!! ♡ Maureen

-------------------------------------------- 

* You can find the list of online retailers currently carrying Nightfall under my SHOP my Fabrics page -----> https://maureencracknellhandmade.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

16 comments:

  1. Love this, you are so full of inspiration! Nightfall is a great collection & has introduced me to your past collections. I'm now using some of all three in your diamond weave quilt. Can't wait to get sewing, it's cut out. Want to get more of Nightfall soon. Thanks for the Nightfall Parade, lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is certainly a whole flock of geese! :) Nice design~love the colors of your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tutorial. The quilt is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pattern and the fabric and the way the geese go together. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the quilt pattern! Kaiden is good at picking colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the beautiful quilty inspiration and the instructions to make my own!! Love the photo by the pond...you even got a darling duck in the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, oh, I pinned that quilt you made out of the Skinny LaMinx fabric. And I am delighted to see it make an appearance in Nightfall! It's lovely! And thanks so much for the directions. I can see this in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the tutorial. Your new collection is delightful! And I'd say your son has an eye for color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinning this. I have become obsessed with no waste flying geese. Love that your pattern uses numbers that aren't 7/8" or something like this. Your son picked out a wonderful color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!